Believe it or not, we’ve finally got WLM 2009 to behave and actually connect to its servers!
It all started by using WLE 2009 to install WLM 2009 rather than rely on the separate MSI for it. Then I got a
HOSTS redirect set up for
messenger.hotmail.com to redirect to my local server and tried to log on with WLM 2009, just to see if it’d connect. Rather than it erring out almost instantly, it connected to the server and then failed, which is normal at the moment.
And here are the screenshots to prove it:
This was just with
HOSTS, so I did the usual Escargot patching procedures and logged on. It seems to work with Escargot’s
msidcrl40.dll and it passed authentication pretty well, but it froze by the time several
MSG commands were sent afterwards. Then again, Escargot doesn’t properly support MSNP18 yet, so it’s expected.
I immediately e-mailed @valtron about this, and hopefully, he can focus his attention back to getting WLM 2009 support working with the amount of time he has.
In the meanwhile, get hyped!