Why not profit from escargot?

Why doesn’t @Valtron put ads on Messenger? I think he could if he wanted.
So why not? After all, he’s wasting his time and money to program and host escargot

there’s the placeholder for ads right there

1 Like

Since CatMessenger removes that ad bar, if it does have ads in the future, the next version will bring it back. :slight_smile:

You’re forgetting one important thing - valtron did not make Messenger. By making money from Microsoft’s work, he’ll be in the direct sights of a team of Microsoft corporate lawyers who will have no qualms in bringing an end to this project as it stands right now.

5 Likes

the only thing that ad slot would be used for is feature/service ads anyway, here, go make your own ad.(xd deleted)

i feel like i’m gonna regret that i posted the ad border

why ?

8 Likes

I think some “ads” for new features/frontends on Escargot would be suitable to fill the ad bar.

And I put ads in air quotes because we don’t really want @valtron to make money off of them. As @TReKiE stated:

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

questionable… but i guess it’s ok

sbrw is a nfsw revival thing, so i decided to make a ad on it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

yea no more ads for u

ok

how to put custom advertisment for wlm?

1 Like

why did you deleted it? anyways:

I use Resource Hacker. You have to go into the Messenger folder, find the DLL “msgres” and open it with RH. There, select the directory “4000” and go to “1472 : 1033”. Now right click and select “Replace resource” and swap.

3 Likes