What version of Windows do you people use messenger on the most?

• Windows 95
  • Windows 98
  • Windows NT (Don’t use it, unless you want to push your self too hard)
  • Windows 2000 Pro
  • Windows 2000 server (Any)
  • Windows Me ( My fav Windows Millennium )
  • Windows XP Home Edition
  • Windows XP Pro
  • Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs
  • Windows XP media center edition
  • Windows XP Embedded
  • Windows server 2003
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows 7
  • Windows server 2008
  • Windows server 2012
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 8.1
  • Windows server 2016
  • Windows 10 (Don’t use it, unless you want your messenger to be blurry)

0 voters

The blur is due to whatever device you’re using Windows 10 on and its set DPI scaling option, the problem does not have anything to do with Windows 10 itself and you would encounter the same on any Windows version.

In fact, beginning with Windows 10 Creators Update (Version 1703), a new setting has been added for this, “System (Enhanced)”, which you’ll find under the Compatibility tab of the Properties for any executable. This new enhanced setting can vastly improve most DPI scaling problems, but unfortunately won’t do much for Messenger 7.x, other than making the text in the menubar (if shown) crisp again.

5 Likes

From what I seen, Its pretty clear on windows 8.1, but when I got windows 10, It went blurry…

Hmm, I guess ill wait for the update…

And, This is not the only program, God knows, why I still use real player 8

1 Like

i use win 10 and win xp professional edition :slight_smile:

sadly it is windows 10 because my main coputer has 10 and i use it almost daily. of course it is not so nostalgic but i have a couple of xp macines which i can run messenger on.

Not surprised, not sure why this is still up, Account check up on 9/04/18 9:42 pm

POLLS ARE IN. it seems that Windows 7 comes in as the top ranking, Windows 10 as the 2nd, and Windows XP Professional as the 3rd, when I made this, I thought Windows 10 was gonna win, but time proves me wrong…

A shame it closed. I was going to add a vote for 98, not that it matters much.

I use win10 and nothing is blurry