Suggestions for Escargot Messenger Games (and Activities, if you have ideas for them)

UNO! that was my favorite game in MSN, if you cant i select Chess

1 Like

UNO is fun, i can agree, however i will have to put that against Reason, #1, (copyrighted game, so, thanks for the idea, but no.)

Chess, wait didnā€™t I already say that?

yellows111, Creator of Thread.

uhh, an game that 2 players have to collect balls and put them on an bucket, who has most, wins, thats good?

1 Like

bucket collectors, yeah thats a name i just made up, however that name already makes the theme of the game:
apples fall from a random part of the tree, the background is a forest setting, and you use the mouse to move the bucket, points are on the top of the game and they work like this:
(User1 (Amount of Wins by User1) - (Amount of Wins by User2) User2), under thats theres the current amount of apples ONLY you have collected (Prevents repeated looking).

Yes, i do agree, it will be on the ā€œhey, thats pretty goodā€ list

how did i forget that ā€œrock paper scissorsā€ exists?

also, how about the MSN Games portal?, iā€™ve already got it working.
however, it does require its ā€œspecialā€ MsgrP2P.xml for now, how many stuff is there right now? TTT, FS, (Private Beta) Reversi, and now the MSN Games Portal

download link
MSN Acts.zip (incudes Tic-Tac-Toe, File Sharing & nowā€¦ the MSN Games portal) (2.0 KB)
(UPDATE: A NEWER VERSION (of one or more Activities) IS BELOW)

Follow instructions (info.txt) to install desired game/activty.
you cannot have more than one MsgrP2P.xml-based app active at once.

NOTE: the other contact needs the exact version of the game (MsgrP2P.xml) launch file, otherwise you will get this message ā€œ(name) has canceled the request to start (Game Name) because the activty is not availble to him/her.ā€

i mean, balls are falling on the side, the players need to collect much as fast as possible to win, who has more, wins.

Iā€™m sorry but when i tried to understand your reply, I did not know what you meant, please can you give a clearer description?

what i get is:
"balls are falling ā€œon the sideā€ the (2) player need to collect them as fast as they can, (i know what you meant, however i forgot to incude ā€œthe apples rot when they hit the groundā€), to win, who has more points, wins (this is how i intended the winning to be anyway)

also new update for the portal, however its manual patching only, what you have to do is change MaxUsers, and MinUsers, to 1, thatā€™s all.

here is the code for a guessing game i found online

@echo off
color 0e
title Guessing Game
set /a guessnum=0
set /a answer=%RANDOM%
set variable1=surf33
echo -------------------------------------------------
echo Welcome to the Guessing Game!
echo.
echo Try and Guess my Number!
echo -------------------------------------------------
echo.
:top
echo.
set /p guess=
echo.
if %guess% GTR %answer% ECHO Lower!
if %guess% LSS %answer% ECHO Higher!
if %guess%==%answer% GOTO EQUAL
set /a guessnum=%guessnum% +1
if %guess%==%variable1% ECHO Found the backdoor hey?, the answer is: %answer%
goto top
:equal
echo Congratulations, You guessed right!!!
echo.
echo It took you %guessnum% guesses.
echo.
pause

what is the portal

isnā€™t that A Command Script?, I want JS/HTML.

The MSN Games portal, is a service of MSN that still exists, also I think it was in WLM, as ā€œGamesā€ at one point, so I made this and now that functionā€™s back.

Also for downtimes, Iā€™ve also got them, so that may be true.

Also, speaking of guessing games:

New Idea: (advanced idea list)
Guess the number!
Players: 1
Desc: "is today your lucky day? If you think so, Guess the number!"
Gameplay:
so, you type a number, then, the RNGed number, if itā€™s is correct, win, if it is not this happens: if the number is higher then specified: Tell player that the number is higher, if lower, tell that the number is lower.

Making:
Should not be too hard, right?

THATā€™S EXACTLY WHAT THE CODE WAS.OOPS CAPS LOCK i thought i turned caps lock off when i typed oops caps lock

we killed the fourm

no i did not i was having fun over at the SES thread

also here are the programming languages you can use:

• Active Server Pages (ASP) or Microsoft ASP.NET
  • Microsoft Visual Basic, Scripting Edition (VBScript)
  • Microsoft JScript or JavaScript
  • HTML or Extensible HTML (XHTML)
  • C, C++, or C#
  • XML or Extensible Stylesheet Language (XSL)
  • Flash (ShockWave)
  • PHP
  • Perl
  • Common gateway interface (CGI)
  • Internet Server Application Programming Interface (ISAPI)
  • Cold Fusion

Source: Microsoft 365 documentation | Microsoft Learn

2 Likes

what about the cringe that is scratch. just kidding. that would be worse than the originals

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t call Scratch cringy, it just aims for a certain demographic.

1 Like