Suggestions for Escargot. (don't put versions of MSN or WLM

oh now I understand why

and valtron is on vacation. i don’t know when he will be back

also more users do not need to join because every one today has a smart phone with snapchat or facebook to text people, if people want to join escargot messenger they can but every one else is using a different texting app or program

also trying to give youtubers like markiplier a tutorial on how to install msn messenger is extremely hard because there are soooooooo many comments on those youtube channels that once you leave a comment it will be thrown to the bottom of the page by the new incoming comments and the amount is not small

a suggestion i have is getting chat rooms and phone working

Suggestions for MSN:

• Support the connection to Facebook when WLM 2012 is supported;

• Creation of an MSN plugin that checks all URLs sent and received along with a scan site (such as VirusTotal) to check if the link is a phishing or malware download page (if Escargot gets popular with sure the famous “MSN Virus” will come back or new will be created) and warn the user (this would be a tricky part, but it would be good);

• Leave some reliable valtron user to take care of Escargot server when the valtron is on vacation (as it is now) in case it falls, can be restarted (this has happened recently).

3 Likes

Another suggestion, connect Gruveo with MSN Messenger, Example: One user wants to call the other user, the user clicks the Call button in the chat and Chrome or Firefox opens in a call in Gruveo :slight_smile:

or fix the WLM Web Bar

About the MSN plugin, what about McAfee? xD

Some plugin that scans URLs sent and received on your MSN.

I get it

Kind of like a virus scanner

Avast? Avast has a service of Mail Scanning, what about URL scanning?

That could work. I’m not sure though because i am not an escargot worker

The closest thing we have to this is the “IM Antivirus” module from Kaspersky (Free, Antivirus Plus, Internet Security & Total Security). But with some other antivirus (such as Avast) we can select it to scan ARCHIVES sent by MSN (in an own configuration of MSN). However the Avast resident module would already detect this even though it is not configured on MSN (and any other antivirus as well).

1 Like

Cool

So escargot is safer

1 Like

Yep, I will soon create a topic on how to configure MSN to use your antivirus to scan (with most popular antivirus programs like Avast/AVG, Avira, Panda, Bitdefender, Kaspersky, etc.).

2 Likes

What about malwarebytes

Malwarebytes is an anti-malware, but yes, too.

We can also use plugins for Messenger Plus! and create one that do that I said a few posts ago by installing it in Messenger Plus!

1 Like

Man, a Virus is a Malware, Anti-Malware and Anti-Virus are the same thing :wink: