Poll: What about a AOL Instant Messenger server?

I want to hook AIM with my messenger account, Remember the option to add aim contacts on messenger? I think it was messenger 2.0

No aol is still alive, Ill give you a link,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ABOVE INTERNET EXPLORER 6.0

INTERNET EXPLORER 6.0 OR BELOW
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

http://daol.aol.com/software/90vr/

edit: Sites back up, soon as I post this, The site loaded.

1 Like

Escargot was made to replace the defunct msn messenger servers and valtron is on vacation and we dont know when he will be back. But we need to get the rest of the msn messenger versions working, and get all or at least most of the features in the msn messenger versions and WLM versions back in working order before they can decide if they want to make AIM servers

3 Likes

I was also thinking about how cool it would be to have a server for the older versions of Yahoo Messenger, since the new version is a piece of garbage. A new AIM server would be awesome too!

1 Like

1 Like

we dont need more than 2 servers, 3 is too much

also MSN and AOL hate each other back when msn messenger was first being launched aol blocked access so people who use msn messenger could sign in to AIM so why have two servers for 2 different messengers that belong to companies that hate one another???

I donā€™t think the whole point of this thread was to offend anybody xD
I personally would love to see an AIM server be set up one day for the classic versions of the clients, however I also agree we should get the MSN/WLM Messenger servers sorted first, seeing as thatā€™s why we are all here!

1 Like

who mentioned Cross-Application Compactiblity? (CAC)

I think MSN/WLM should be worked on first. I thought the same server would be used for the old AIM versions as the one we use for MSN today.

1 Like

what is CAC and why did you bring it up?

CAC stands for Cross-Application Compatibility.

Thatā€™s cool! I wonder if there is an app such as that one but different program for the phone.

If creating AOL server of Escargot donā€™t ā€œkillā€ MSN Escargot, Yes I would like an AOL server.
:grinning:

Would you be able to DM me or reply to this and show us how to get it working? :slight_smile:

@anon94232611 plese share your AIM Server
Thanks

please do share it

wait, thats the same protocol used by ICQ!
thats, not that often but ICQ did merge with AOL at one point (around 1998), so AIM and ICQ, it does make sence to be compactbleā€¦

huh, thats strange, but oh well.

hello