# MSN Messenger in other languages + Patched Portable versions. (Only 7.5 and 7.0)

As there are quite a few MSN Messenger users in countries that do not have English as their native language, I’m creating this topic in order to help them find a version that is their corresponding language. After a hard day of research and portability, it’s here. :slight_smile:

(!) Only works with Escargot MSN Server, since Microsoft’s MSN servers have been turned off. Enter here Escargot | MSN Messenger and Windows Live Messenger for more information and registration. Many thanks @valtron for your hard work.

All installers have been moved to the Escargot project site.

9 Likes

Is there a Greek version?

I believe so. It’s a little hard to find, but I’ll go look for you.

1 Like

thank you very much Mateus!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was a bit tricky finding a Greek version. I found an old and incompatible version with escargot server and patched with version 7.5.0324. For now, nothing installer and 7.0 version.

Download link added, working perfectly :).

1 Like

Greek 7.0 added. (Full and portable)

2 Likes

@Mateus_Rick This is excellent work, thank you for doing it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@TReKiE I thank you for all this time helping us to continue using MSN :wink:

3 Likes

Some MSN Explorer versions and MSN Messenger: MEGA

I have more but need to finish my automatic sorting script (get file version and language, create folder and move file inside).

5 Likes

Very good job, and very interesting. It was very detailed. :slight_smile:

Well, my intention was to create a very simplified topic for those who were looking for other languages and also lay people, with only a single build, and the latest supported versions. Would it be interesting to expand this topic or create a new one in your opinion?

1 Like

oh another version of MSN 1.0 (1.0…0893) thanks for uploading!

1 Like

can you kindly write a guide on how to extract the msn installers into a unzipped folder, so people like me who have WLM 2012 and dont want to unistall it cause we want to keep it for souvenir,to run 7.5 and other versions?

thank you.

I did it (I won’t release the code though) but It’s a mess: identify messenger version from setup · Wiki · Escargot / Escargot Server · GitLab

For Windows Live, installers are inside a cab file which is stored in the ressources of the file. Sometime, the cab file contains a 7z which contains another cab file with the msi installer…

You also need to resolve dependencies…

2 Likes

im talking about the version 7.5 im sure theres a program that extracts the files into a folder so we can you use them

it was like the zipped pre-patced we had before the msi installers and the languages

@alzcore397

Try this, the LessMSI.
http://lessmsi.activescott.com/

I just tested here and it works perfectly.

2 Likes

thank you! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

:wink:

TIP: In the folder you extract, the MSN files will be in the SourceDir / Pfiles folder.

2 Likes

7zip supports MSI and EXE for some reason