Maybe AOL Instant Messenger server thing?

just because why not?
=/

1 Like

We discussed that already: I need some help - #2 by enhanox

Everything is available but it seems that there is not a lot of developers on this forum :wink:

1 Like

no sorry, the AIM service is still running and all of which can be done is revive the old AIM. putting up an AIM server would prompt a red flag while their servers are still online.

Personally, I think it’d be really cool to see Escargot become a sort of universal server, with support for MSN, Y!M, AIM and maybe even ICQ clients.

As for AIM, I remember there was an VB6 OSCAR server on Planet Source Code. I wasn’t able to get it working with AIM 5, but it was pretty sophisticated, having a web server for adding users. I’ve attached the zip file because I’ve found PSC is rather picky when it comes to links, sometimes they work and sometimes they don’t.

AOL_Instan192209872005.zip (149.9 KB)

now we just need to revive gtalk and we will be good to go, ya know, as a fun project

GTalk/Google Talk was rereleased as Google Hangouts, making a server for something, what was replaced, bit risky…

messenger was replaced by skype

WE ALL KNOW THAT STORY, it’s not like, well the person who made this forum, made a app, that lets you idk, CONNECT TO THE MESSENGER SERVER.