Escargot MSN on Mac?

now that msnp13+ is supported and msnp18 is pretty much implemented for the exception of some stuff in the core of escargot, this should be redone.

yeah 10 months after, but its worth retrying.

1 Like

From my speculation, you’re still stuck with the PowerPC clients. MSNP8 and above require authentication from an HTTPS server, and since 6.0.3 used SSL 2.0 regardless of the OS X version being used and Escargot is still using TLS-only Caddy, that might be the case for versions before and after it that used MSNP8 - MSNP21. Also, fat chance getting Classic Environment and early OS X to use TLS. Perhaps if valtron were to re-consider and use a more professional production server that supports SSL and TLS like nginx or Apache, then Messenger:mac wouldn’t just be stuck on PowerPC for Escargot use? :thinking:

1 Like

I tried to connect MSN Messenger 3.0.0 for Mac to Escargot server on my old PowerPC machine and it works pretty well.

Microsoft got wise with the encryption shit from SSL2.0.

Now i am trying to patch 6.0.3 to work with escargot as now it support MSNP13

1 Like

What’s the directory to the terminal file that has the URLs? I have 2 versions of MSN Messenger:mac, one is 2.1 that came with Office X, and version 4.0.0 which came with Office 2004. Also I’m running Tiger (10.4.11) Picture%201

Mac OS X tiger?

yes

bump but, wlm 8 uses msnp15

You can find this here.

thanks! it works. unfortunately the link “MSN Messenger for Mac.zip” has no valid application. however i did use Messenger 2.1 and it worked. I’d love to use 3.0 one day.

I’m glad that you did connect your MSN Messenger 2.1 for Mac to Escargot server. But it is very strange that the application is no valid. I’ll check this.

I just use Jump Desktop, hopefully mac users will be able to use escargot soon!

you bumped, but really old versions of mesenger:mac are usable on escargot, and you can run wine on macos

Is this still being worked on?
I am using OS X 10.8 and Microsoft Messenger 8.0.1

Probally not, this has not been updated for almost 3 years, and as Epic said:

That would be cooler using snow leopard and msn messenger in it, i’d like to see it too sadly :pensive:

nope, they’re still don’t work correctly. i already tried that on my ibook g4

only option to use msn on mac is by using crossover

What is crossover?