Any plans for an MSNTV-replacement server?

Just wondering, given that it’s MSN related.

what is MsnTV

msn tv ? wow you have one ?

What is MSNTV im not too much old

1 Like

Not at the moment, hoping to get one soon.
(even though all the good it does for the moment is just stay at the loading screen)

but , you need a dial-up msn servise

"On July 1, 2013, an email was sent out to customers that the service would be shutting down on September 30, 2013, and customer service would be available until January 15, 2014." What a sad history.

the msn tv or msn dial-up ?

are you talking with he or me?

you

So, i dont know

MSNTV shutdown on Sept. 30th, 2013, service lasted until Jan. 15th, 2014.

but msn dial-up still exists https://get.msn.com/

and in all languages

if anyone could mod a MSNTV, it will be the only person who knows how to mod a WebTV/MSNTV anymore anyway

oh right you want a server… should just be special HTML pages, for connection, you may need a thing that can make a virtual dial-up port, and it can connect to Ethernet to bridge (if you understand)

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Me.

please god no

Hmm, that would be interesting. Only problem is that the original WebTV/MSNTV was an in-house set-top box with a proprietary OS (which runs on a 64-bit MIPS CPU). Unless someone could hack the ROM to make it connect to a different server and flash it back on the WebTV (WebTV’s OS is stored on nonvolatile memory), we can only dream.

As for the MSNTV2, it’s basically a glorified Windows CE device, so we’ll have to see what we can do with that.

1 Like